Sunday 15 May 2011

Six six six (666)

Hi everyone,

Hope you are all well and have had a good week.

For my card I have used a Delicious Doodles image which I love. Originally I was going to use this image without any colour, but then I thought, the flame needs colour, and then the melted wax on the candle needs to be glossy. I think I got a bit carried away with the six theme (I may have done too many) Anyway here is the finished result.


 

The melted wax on the candle is so glossy it has shown up white in the photo (I'm sure all the good photographers out there can tell me what I have done wrong here).

I have used six layers not including the image, decoupaged the six sculls at the front of the image and used six sixes.

Ingredients

Image - Delicious Doodles
Backing papers - Crafty Chaos Designs
Sixes - Anita's peel offs coloured with black permanent markers
Black pearls - local craft shop

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges

Haunted Design House - Mark of the Beast
The Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Lots of Layers (I have used six)
Stamps R Us - Masculine
Crafty Creations Challanges - Anything Goes
Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge - Anything Goes
Sew Many Challenges - Anything Goes
Mami Doodles Digital Stamps - Stripes (I have used red & black striped backing paper)
Stamp Something - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous project! This was a hard one this week, but you did wonderfully with the challenge.
    FYI-YOu linked the wrong project on the HDH blog, but I found this one anyway.
    Thanks for joining us this week at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Fiona, I just checked, and you've actually linked the wrong card for all the challenges you've entered, so you may want to hop back and change them. Us minions from HDH will search through and find you anyway, but some busy DTs that have dozens of entries to comment on will go to the link you posted, see that it's the wrong card and just leave again.
    Anywho, lol, I do seem to ramble when I get here, i LOVE this card, and you've made my papers look fab! And way to go on getting in even more sixes than necessary :D
    Don't forget you also get to choose any item from my shop for free just for entering HDH this week, so if there's something you'd like just email me (orders@craftychaosdesigns.co.uk) and let me know what it is :)
    http://craftychaosdesigns.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS, it's just the challenges without thumbnail images that you've linked to an older card, the ones with images all link back to your blog and not any post in particular :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool card! I like that you used real wax on the candle image! Clever! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations for our anything goes cahllenge. :-) Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I just found this on the dashboard. Fab work you really rose to the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow~ your card is cool.
    Thanks for sharing it. ~hugs~darling Ho~SMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card gives me the chills (in a good way) i love the black and red elements. Thanks for playing along with us at Mami Doodles.

    ReplyDelete