Sunday 22 May 2011

Dali Delusions

Hi Everyone,

Hope you have all had a good week, and thank you so much for all your encouraging and helpful comments, all are greatly appreciated.

I have had a very good week craft wise, I have made four cards, weyhey! all of which I will show you in due course, but firstly I would like to show you the card I made for the Haunted Design House Challenge - Macabre Monday Dali Delusions - produce something inspired by Salvador Dali. Now, I'm not a big fan of Dali, (sorry to those who are), so I went off scrolling through the net and found an image I liked and the more I looked at it the more I liked it and now I LOVE IT! so much so that I am going to change the sentiment and give it to my Husband for his birthday (next week), so maybe Dali is not so bad after all :)

So here is my offering, let me know what you think.


This one was meant to be a close-up to show you the sentiment, but I don't think it is clear enough to read (a photographer I am not!) The sentiment is a Dali quote which reads "The one thing the world will never have enough of is the outrageous" (sooo true)

 

Ingredients

Image - Internet
Flowers - Wild Orchids Crafts
Lace - Janice's of Hollywood (eBay USA seller)

The grey speckled card in the background is a self-adhesive vinyl (bit like Fablon) It actually looks like glitter card, but the camera has not picked this up - Craft Shop (Dainty Supplies)

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

Haunted Design House - Macabre Monday - Dali Delusions
Spoonful of Sugar - Anything Goes
Scrapbook Sisters - Black and White
Simon Says Stamp - Sparkle and Shine (I've used glitter backing paper and it's vinyl so it shines)
Really Reasonable Ribbons - Challenge #24 Anything Goes
Terrifically Thrilling Thursday - Anything Goes
Paperplay - Sparkles Galore
Crafty Purple Frog - Monochrome
Sew Many Challenges - Flowers and Lace
Crafty Catz - Anything Goes
Crafts 4 Eternity - Flowers, Ribbon, Bling

I know I'm stretching it on some of these challenges, but what the heck, you've got to be in it to win it. Wish me luck :)

Take Care
Fiona. x

17 comments:

  1. Well another gorgeous card from yourself. Your hubby should love it and if he doesn't we want a written explanation stating why hehe x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow fabulous card I love the monochromatic colour theme ,
    Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

    Good luck,
    Hugs Bridget CCDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow spooky take on our challenge, I love it. Thanks for joining us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh very spooky lol thank you for sharing with us at the crafty catz linda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A WONDERFUL card!! Great job. :)
    AJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were inspired by our challenge to create such a gorgeous card! See, Dali doesn't suck.
    Thanks for playing along with us at HDH.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not come and join us on the Smeared and smudged forum.... and we're having a GREAT BLOG hop soon.... you'll fit in sooooo well!!!!


    http://smearedandsmudged.ning.com/

    i totally adore your work xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card! Thanks so much for joining our challenge this week at Shelly's Images. We hope you will join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Susan nice to see another north east crafter, your card is so different but it is a perfect man's card, looks brill, thanks for sharing your creation with us at Crafty catz x carol

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely card. Thank you for entering our card challenge xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. EXCELLENT - I am a huge Dali fan and this is freat
    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Been through your site and love your creations. Just HAD to become a follower :-D

    Hugz
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! What a wicked card! I can see close up when I click on it. Awesome! Thanks for joining us at c4e. keeley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! What an amazing card! Thanks so much for playing this week in the Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!

    Hugs!
    Connie M.
    RRDT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness this is sooo COOL!!!! What a GREAT card! Thanks so much for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card Fiona! Thanks for joining us at C4E this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete