Monday 27 January 2014

Smeared Ink Design Team January Blog Hop

Hi All and Welcome to Smeared Ink's Design Team Monthly Blog Hop. The theme for this months hop is "Favourite Smeared Ink Image" rubber or digi.

If you have arrived from Black Dragon's Blog, then you are on the right track, if you are a bit lost, then you will find the blog roll below

 photo SIMonthlyBlogHopButtonOctopus_zps8932e2f8.jpg 
Black Dragon
Fiona
Shell
Leigh
Kapree
Shoni
Ike
Rocio

Here is my piece

I have altered a photo frame using my favourite Smeared Ink image from the As Death Set, available in Rubber from the Smeared Ink Rubber Club. I have stamped the corners and heat embossed. I like the contrast between the matt of the frame and gloss of the embossing. I then added the cord and tassel and attached a bow.

I won't keep you any longer, off you hop to Shell's blog :)

15 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! Your work is always so beautiful.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning, Fi! Love how the fab black frame and red background makes the image POP! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Fi, you always make such elegant pieces :) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Fi!!!! I too love the contrast between the matte and glossy black. Such an elegantly sombre creation and your image choice is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very striking. Love the embossed corners. Did you make your background paper or is it from the new Smeared Ink Digi papers? One of my favorite images as well. Beautiful frame!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the DP is from the slasher set from Smeared Ink :)

      Delete
  6. OMGoodness - those stamped embossed corners are divine !!! Another fabulous piece Fi xxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. At first it looks subtle but on second glance I see the intensity. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work of art. Love the embossed corners.
    isoscia at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  9. that's a gorgeous image! love the glossy embossing on the matt black - this is stunning! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card Fiona. Love how you colored the image and your embossed corners are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully Gothic! I, too, love the contrast between the matte black and the shiny embossing. That, coupled with your signature tassel, totally make the piece for me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree with you Fiona, I love the contrast between the gloss and matte! And the pop of color with the image is awesome. Simple and stunning :)

    ReplyDelete