Friday 5 August 2011

Flowing Friday

Hi Everyone.

Hope your are all well.  Thank you to all of you who left kind comments on my previous post :)

Here we are on day 5 of SmudgeFest, a week of challenges hosted by Smudgy Antics.

Today's challenge is Flowing Friday, to create a project using a flowing medium, ie watercolour, liquid ink, liquid glues, thinned out acrylics etc.   I decided to use watercolours.  Now I must warn you,  a painter I am NOT!!!

Here is my entry, let me know what you think :)


I have used an image from the Smitten set by Smeared Ink, she is backed by a watercolour painting from the internet, sorry guys, I'm not that talented, especially when it comes to painting!  I have coloured her with pro markers and the kids little box of paints (I don't have any), then I cut her out and mounted her on foam pads, added some feathers, but unfortunately I didn't have any shells, so I used the blue and white cherry blossoms instead,..............  if you close one eye and squint.................they still don't look like shells! hahaha

I would like to enter this card in the following challenge(s)

28 comments:

  1. Wow- what a beautiful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona - what a fantastic card - love the scene and the image really works. I look forward to seeing your next creation. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love the scene you set up! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it a great way to get around not being good at painting the internet is every ones friend in that way lol the image is wonderful and I love how you have coloured her good luck with you challenges
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo pretty! Great choice of background & I love how you added the feather & flowers. (they look fine) So feminine & love the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. dude, great job! i think everything goes fabolous together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you created something gorgeous! Fabulous painting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's really lovely. Your colouring of the image is beautiful.
    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining in the Divas by Design Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a gorgeous card love the colors thanks for joining us at Cutie Sunday.....

    Hugs
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  11. wonderful card!i love it!thanks for playing this weeks Bugaboo challenge at catch the bug!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super summer card! This was perfect for the water challenge!! So glad you joined us this week at Catch The Bug!

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card.
    Thanks for joining us at Cutie Sunday.
    Hugs Stine

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you had a 'SPLASHING' time with our challenge. So glad you shared your project with us for this challenge at Bugaboo.
    TFS
    Paul
    http://www.craftyblogocks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way To Go Fiona! You robbed the kids stash! LOL! Just Kidding! Your card is awesome! Awesome way to think outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A perfect scene
    Luv Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a great card. It makes me want to go to the beach. :) Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    Tana @ A Caffeinated Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  18. I luv the card and the beach colours are wonderful.
    I will be honored if you will add this project in our weekly linking party every Wednesdays at
    http://www.passionatelyartistic.com/2011/08/my-inner-baker-with-linking-party.html
    Have a great week,
    Maggie
    http://passionatelyartistic.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very pretty, and great coloring, love the feathers! trying to get the flow. I haven't been to the beach all summer and we live 30 minutes away. ::sigh::
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is beautifully design Fiona!!! love the feathers!
    Thank you for playing along @ Paper Playtime!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh very pretty work. Nice back ground that you chose. But your girl is so beautiful. I appreciate that you gave her red hair (i don't have red hair). She is an eye-catching digi!
    Thank you for playing with us at Paper Playtime.
    Krista, summer guest designer
    http://www.KristasPaperCafe.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really fun, love it. Thank you for playing at Die Cut Dreams.

    Hugs Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  23. You colored her very pretty and the scene is just gorgeous. It is a 'summertime' scene for sure. So glad you joined the Tuesday Throwdown challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete